The Independents ( German : Die Unabhängigen , abbreviated DU ), is a right-wing populist political party in Liechtenstein . In the 2013 parliamentary election , the first they contested, they won 29,740 votes (15.3%) and four seats in the Landtag .  DU is headed by train Patriotic Union parliamentarian Harry Quaderer .
International commentators suggest that the party had a protest against austerity measures.  
Is not a party in the traditional sense, having incorporated as a party only to take advantage of the financial and political rights associated with that status; its platform calls for Members of the Landtag to be able to vote on their own convictions rather than party pressures.  According to Leiden University political science professor Wouter Veenendaal, the DU has an ideology “similar to that of the Progressive Citizens’ Party and the Patriotic Union but its style is brasher.” 
In 2015 the party called for Liechtenstein to reject the European Union’s proposed resettlement of refugees, specifically stating that EU policies “led by Merkel’s Germany” were absurd. 
- Official website (in German)
- Jump up^ “Liechtenstein Populist Party Gains Ground in Parliamentary Elections” . Deutsche Welle . February 5, 2017 . Retrieved February 5, 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Stefanini, Sara (5 February 2017). “Liechtenstein’s Populists Gain Ground” . Politico . Retrieved 5 February 2017 .
- Jump up^ Landtagswahlen for 2013 festgelegtLiechtensteiner Vaterland, 21 December 2012
- Jump up^ “New Independent party rattles Liechtenstein vote” . GlobalPost . France Media Agency. 3 February 2013. Archived from the original on 21 July 2016.
- Jump up^ “Politics in tiny Liechtenstein shake up by surprise election success of independents” . Fox News . Associated Press. February 3, 2013 . Retrieved February 4, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “About Us” . Die Unabhängigen . Retrieved 13 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ Quaderer, Harry (5 October 2015). “Landtag befasst sich mit Flüchtlingspolitik” . Die Unabhängigen (in German) . Retrieved 19 September 2017 .
Was für eine EU-Aussenpolitik ist das, die wir da unterstützen, wenn wir diesem absurden EU-Flüchtlings-Quoten-Mechanismus beitreten? Die EU, angeführt von Merkel-Deutschland, scheint unfähig, ihren Einfluss im Nahen Osten geltend zu machen und auf einen Frieden hinzuwirken.