The Organization for Joint Armament Cooperation (French: Organization for Joint Armament Cooperation , OCCAR ) is a European Intergovernmental organization qui Facilitates and armament programs through collaborative lifecycle Their marriages entre les nations of Belgium , France , Germany , Italy , Spain , and the United Kingdom .
OCCAR was established on 12 November 1996 by the Defense Ministers of France , Germany , Italy and the United Kingdom . Legal status was not achieved, however, until January 2001 when the parliaments of the four countries found ratified the OCCAR Convention. Other European nations may join OCCAR, subject to their participation in a substantive collaborative equipment program involving at least one OCCAR partner and ratification of the OCCAR Convention. Belgium and Spain joined the organization in respectively 2003 and 2005.
Other States can participate in OCCAR programs without becoming a Member State. Currently the EU and / or NATO members Turkey , Netherlands , Luxembourg , Finland , Sweden , Lithuania and Poland participate in OCCAR programs without being a formal member. 
The highest decision-making body within OCCAR as a corporate organization is the Board of Supervisors (BoS). The OCCAR programs are each overseen by a Program and Strategic Program (operational decisions). The programs are executed by the OCCAR Executive Administration (OCCAR-EA) in accordance with the decisions of the supervisory bodies. OCCAR-EA is headed by the OCCAR Director and consists of a Central Office and the Program Divisions. OCCAR-EA employs approximately 270 staff members.
The 13 programs currently managed by OCCAR are the following:
- A400M (tactical and strategical airlift)
- Boxer (multi role armored vehicle)
- COBRA – a counter-battery radar system
- European Secure Software-defined Radio (ESSOR)
- FREMM (Multimission frigates)
- FSAF – PAAMS ammunition (surface-to-air anti-missile system)
- LSS (Logistic Support Ship)
- MALE RPAS (Medium Altitude Long Endurance Remotely Piloted Aircraft System)
- MMCM (Maritime Mine Counter Measures)
- MMF ( Multinational Multi-Role Tanker Transport Fleet )
- MUSIS (Multinational Space Based Imaging System)
- PPA (Multipurpose Patrol Ship)
- Eurocopter Tiger (helicopter)
- European Union defense procurement
- Common Security and Defense Policy
- European Defense Agency
- Jump up^ OCCAR – who we are?