The Movement for a Europe of Nations and Freedom ( French : Movement for a Europe of Nations and Freedom ), abbreviated to MENL gold MENF , is an alliance of European political party founded in 2014. Its political group in the European Parliament is Europe of Nations and Freedom .
In the aftermath of the European Parliament election, 2014 , the parties affiliated with the European Alliance for Freedom unsuccessfully Attempted to form a political group in the European Parliament .   
Later in 2014, they decided to create a new European-level structure, which became the Movement for a Europe of Nations and Freedom. The Dutch Party for Freedom (PVV) is not participating in this pan-European party, but it has been funded by the European Union.  The Polish Congress of the New Right (KNP), originally claimed to be a part of the new alliance, but was accused by the French National Front of spreading false claims in the Polish and Austrian media.  Ultimately the KNP took part in the creation of the party’s new parliamentary group and its controversial leader Janusz Korwin-Mikke was evicted from the party to be replaced by Michal Marusik.
It was recognized by the European Parliament (EP) in 2015. Its maximum grant for the year is € 1,170,746  plus € 621,677 for its affiliated political foundation , the Foundation for a Europe of Nations and Freedoms . 
On 16 June 2015, the Europe of Nations and Freedom parliamentary group Was created in the European Parliament with members of the MENL (FN, FPÖ LN, VB) as well as the PVV Poland’s KNP and to train member of UKIP , Janice Atkinson .
The 1st congress of the movement was held on June 28th, 2015 in Perpignan , France gathering some MEPs from the National Front and a few of its local & national representatives members; The objective of this meeting is about the first year of action of the National Front MEPs in review. 
On September 15, 2015, the Flemish Vlaams Belang (VB) and the movement organized a colloquium dealing with sovereignty that took place in the Flemish Parliament with VB’s leader Tom Van Grieken , MEP’s Gerolf Annemans , VB’s member Barbara Pas and National Front’s leading Marine The Pen .  All of the Flemish parties approved Marine The Pen’s visit to the Flemish Parliament and the speaker of the Flemish Parliament Jan Peumans ( N-VA ). 
On 24 October 2015, MENL’s leader and vice-president of the National Front Louis Aliot puts the current president of the Brothers of Italy , Giorgia Meloni in Trieste for a conference on immigration. 
Marine Le Pen praised SVP ‘s victory during the 2015 Swiss election does not have any official links with the movement.  The movement also launched an anti-immigration campaign in 2015 just like the SVP’s campaign during Swiss referendum on immigration in 2014.
On 21 November 2015, MENL’s think thank “Foundation for a Europe of Nations and Freedom” organized to colloquium (“The euro, an inevitable failure?”) Dealing with Euro and how it could be an inescapable failure. Jacques Sapirtook part in this colloqium among others. The FENF, Chaired by Gerolf Annemans , Organized Another Colloquium on 2 April 2016 in Paris dealing with union representation and the development of professional organizations in France. 
The third colloquium of the movement took place on 4 March 2016 in the Flemish Parliament with VB ‘s leader Tom Van Grieken and PVV ‘ s leader Geert Wilders . This colloquium entitled “Freedom” (“Vrijheid”) dealt with liberties in Europe and how they would be threatened by “countries with cultures which are fundamentally different [from the European one]”. 
The movement’s member and allies are in July 2016 in Vienna, an event hosted by Austria’s FPÖ. The French National Front, Matteo Salvini ‘s Northern League, the AfD, Belgium’ s Vlaams Belang , the Dutch Party for Freedom are present among other independent politicians and smaller European parties. 
According to Politico , the movement owed in 2016 the European Parliament € 535,818. The reasons given by Politics are the prohibition of national political parties and referendum campaigns.  EU funds back to the European Parliament. 
The following national delegations are part of MENL: 
|Country||Party||European MPs||National MPs|
|austria||Freedom Party of Austria||
|belgium||Vlaams Belang ||
|la France||National Front||
|Czech Republic||Freedom and Direct Democracy||
Other related parties
The Dutch Party for Freedom (PVV), the Polish Congress of the New Right (KNP) and the German Alternative for Germany (AfD), despite not being members of MENL, participates in its political group in the European Parliament, ENL . 
MENL leaders also have public political relations of some kind with Brothers of Italy (FdI, Italy)  and Freedom and Direct Democracy (SPD, Czech Republic).  The latter is now a full member of the pan-European party.
In February 2016, the FPÖ’s leader Heinz-Christian Strache Was Invited by the anti-Euro & anti-immigration party AFD and Its leader Frauke Petry to Their congress in Düsseldorf and the AFD has aussi annoncé cooperation pact with the FPÖ.   In April 2016, AFD’s Vice President Alexander Gauland aussi Proposed year alliance with Marine Le Pen ‘s National Front .  Therefore, AfD’s MEP Marcus Pretzell joined the Europe of Nations and FreedomGroup on 30 April 2016.
In February 2017, French MEP Edouard Ferrand puts with VOX ‘s leaders during a meeting of the Spanish right-wing party.  Back in 2016, VOX’s President Santiago Abascal had already met with one of the National Front’s leaders, Louis Aliot, also one of MENL’s MEPs in the European Parliament. 
Former member parties
Among the members of the European Alliance for Freedom (EAF) predecessor , the following parties did not join MENL:
- Citizens in Rage , Germany
- Order and Justice , Lithuania (joined ADDE instead)
- Sweden Democrats , Sweden (joined ADDE instead)
- Louis Aliot MEP ( FN , France)
Members of the Bureau
- Marine The Pen MEP ( FN , France)
- Lorenzo Fontana MEP ( LN , Italy)
- Nicolas Bay MEP ( FN , France)
- Gerolf Annemans MEP ( VB , Belgium)
- Harald Vilimsky MEP ( FPÖ , Austria)
- Jump up^ “Board Members” . Retrieved 3 July 2017 .
- Jump up^ “The party Pen steals Farage’s Italian allies” . The Times. 2014-05-29 . Retrieved 2015-11-04 .
- Jump up^ “Marine The Pen fails to form far-right bloc in European parliament | World news” . The Guardian . Retrieved 2015-11-04 .
- Jump up^ “The Pen’s Far-Right EU Parliament Alliance Fails at Start” . Ibtimes.co.uk. 2014-06-24 . Retrieved 2015-11-04 .
- Jump up^ Mudde case . “The EAF is dead! Long live the MENL!” . openDemocracy. Retrieved 29 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Communiqué from Aymeric Chauprade, Head of the National Front Delegation to the European Parliament” . National Front . Retrieved 29 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Grants from the European Parliament to political parties at European level 2004-2015”, March 2015, Europarl.europa.eu, retrieved 27 April 2015
- Jump up^ “Grants from the European Parliament to political foundations at European level 2008-2015”, March 2015, Europarl.europa.eu/, retrieved 27 April 2015
- Jump up^ “In Perpignan, the National Front accuses Europe and power (our video interview with Marine Le Pen)” . 27 June 2015.
- Jump up^ “Colloquium Soevereiniteit: Grenzen Stellen” . Grenzenstellen.eu . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ Frédéric Chardon (2015-09-15). “All Flemish parties have approved the arrival of Marine Le Pen” . The Libre.be . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “Fratelli d’Italia – Alleanza Nazionale | Immigrazione, sabato 24 ottobre confronto a Trieste tra Giorgia Meloni and vicepresident of the National Front, Louis Aliot” . Fratelli-italia.it . 2015-10-20 . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “Victory of the UDC: many enthusiastic French – Time” . Letemps.ch (in French) . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “Foundation for a Europe of Nations and Freedom – Contact” . Fenl.eu . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “Colloquium Vrijheid” . Colloquiumvrijheid.eu . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “Europe’s right-wing parties meet near Vienna, Brexit urge” . DW.COM. 2016-06-17 . Retrieved 2017-03-17 .
- Jump up^ Posaner, Joshua (2016-09-03). “Far-right groups ordered to pay European Parliament € 800,000” . Politico.eu . Retrieved 2017-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “Response to the shameless lies of the Politico website” . Movement for a Europe of Nations and Freedom. 2016-09-15 . Retrieved 2017-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “National delegation” . MENL . Retrieved 2015-08-06 .
- Jump up^ “Press Conference: Aftermath of the elections, a future for the EU or a future for Europe?” . European Alliance for Freedom. May 28, 2014.
- Jump up^ “European Parliament: MEPs” . Europarl.europa.eu . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “Destra, Marine The Inconvenient Pen Giorgia Meloni and Gianni Alemanno (video) | Europa Quotidiano” . Europaquotidiano.it . 2003-07-28. Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “Tomio Okamura svolal všechny své lidi a bylo rušno: Nepřátelští vetřelci! Pokus o vraždu. Delegace od Marine The Pen i provolání k Zemanovi | ParlamentniListy.cz – politika ze všech stran” . Parlamentnilisty.cz . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “Deutsche AfD and FPÖ beschließen Zusammenarbeit – FPÖ – derStandard.at> Inland” . Derstandard.at . Retrieved 2016-04-22 .
- Jump up^ “AfD und FPÖ proben in Dusseldorf den Schulterschluss | WAZ.de” . Derwesten.de (in German). 2016-02-14 . Retrieved 2016-04-03 .
- Jump up^ “AfD-Vize Alexander Gauland erwägt offenbar Fraktion mit National Front – SPIEGEL ONLINE” . Spiegel.de . 2016-04-10 . Retrieved 2016-04-22 .
- Jump up^ “Edouard Ferrand, del Frente Nacional French:” Amigos de VOX, no estáis solos. Somos capace hoy por hoy to proponize a project europeo alternativo al actual ” ” . VOX Partido Político Castellón. 2017-02-25 . Retrieved 2017-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “Vox busca the festival of the lexito of Le Pen con el Frente Nacional.” Noticias de España ” . Elconfidencial.com. 2017-01-15 . Retrieved 2017-03-17 .