The European Union of the Deaf ( EUD ) is a supraorganization of each respective National Association of the Deaf of the member states of the European Union . The EUD is a nonprofit organization founded in 1985 and is a Regional Co-operating Member of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD), a full member of the European Disability Forum (EDF) and has a participatory status with the Council of Europe ( CoE).
List of presidents 
- 2013 – present: Dr. Markku Jokinen ( Finland )
- 2007 – 2013: Berglind Stefánsdóttir ( Iceland )
- 2005 – 2007: Helga Stevens ( Belgium )
- 1990 – 2005: Knud Søndergaard ( Denmark )
- 1989 – 1989: Jeff Labes ( France )
- 1958 – 1989: John Young ( United Kingdom )
- EUDY – European Union of the Deaf Youth
- WFD – World Federation of the Deaf
- World Federation of the Deaf Youth Section (WFDYS)
- Languages of the European Union
- Jump up^ „Presidents | European Union of the Deaf“ .