The European Underwater Federation (EUF) is an umbrella organization Representing the interests of SCUBA diver training organizations operating in Both the not for profit and for profit Sectors Within Europe . [ quote needed ]
Purpose and scope
EUF seeks to be the peak consultative body within Europe in respect of all matters that concerns recreational diving activities, especially those concerning legislation, regulation and safety. By virtue of the knowledge and experience of its corporate members, it claims an area of competency within recreational, cultural and sporting underwater activities in matters of the conduct of diving activities (including competitive activities), access to diving sites, training, all aspects of diving equipment, treatment of diving injuries, teaching and diving. It claims expertise in areas involving commercial or military diving.  
The EUF has a membership of a broad range of European training organizations, including profit-making and non-profit making bodies. It is incorporated in the UK as a Company Limited by Guarantee . The EUF estimates that its members represent over 3,000,000 divers, 60,000 diving instructors, 5,000 clubs and 2,500 diving schools.  
Individual training organizations can apply for full voting membership of the EUF as profit distributing organizations and non-profit distributing organizations . Organizations That can not meet the definition of a training organization can apply Either for Associate Membership or Observer status. Two other members also exist: CMAS Europe , which represents the interests of national diving federations located in Europe and who are affiliated to the World Confederation of Underwater Activities  and RSTC Europe , which represents the interests of for-profit scuba training organizations operating in Europe. The membership of the following organizations as of October 2012.     
Associates / observers
The EUF first became active in its modern form in 1989, initially comprising a number of non-profit distributing European diver federations, then subsequently expanding to include the major profit distributing training agencies. 
The EUF and international standards
The EUF states that it actively supports the development of both European Norms (via CEN, the European Committee for Standardization ) and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards for recreational scuba diving. 
EUF Certification Body
In 2003, the EUF Certification Body was formed, a joint venture between the EUF and the Austrian Standards Institute (ON). The EUF Certification Body, (which is also known as EUF Certification International) is one of the most recognized and reliable methods of scuba diving training based on European and ISO standards. It audits the organizations and service providers, where appropriate, certifies them as complying with the relevant standards. 
As of January 2016, the following recreational activities have been certified by EUF International Certification since the year 2004: 
- Professional Association of Diving Instructors (EUF CB 2004001)
- VDST (EUF CB 2004002)
- International Aquanautic Club (EUF CB 2005001)
- Scuba Schools International (EUF CB 2005002)
- FIAS (EUF CB 2005004)
- American Nitrox Divers International (EUF CB 2005005)
- DSF (EUF CB 2005006)
- Scuba Diving International / International Technical Diving (EUF CB 2006002)
- CFT (EUF CB 2006003)
- PDA (EUF CB 2006004)
- BSAC (EUF CB 2007001)
- NDL (EUF CB 2007003)
- IAHD (EUF CB 2007005)
- NASE Worldwide (EUF CB 2008003)
- VDTL (EUF CB 2009001)
- ISDA (EUF CB 2010002)
- WOSD (EUF CB 2011002)
- Disabled Divers International Ltd (EUF BC 2011003)
- TIDF (EUF CB 2012001)
- Global Underwater Explorers (EUF CB 2013001)
- TSVÖ (EUF CB 2015001)
- NADD Global Diving Agency (S 000513 – issued January 2016)
- WASE ( Worldwide Academy of Scuba Educators ) (S 000577 – issued August 2016)
- RAID ( Rebreather Association of International Divers ) (S 000764 – issued October 2017)
- Professional, Technical & Recreational Diving (SS 000786 – issued January 2018)
EUF Lavanchy Award
On 18 June 2016 the EUF General Assembly unanimously agreed to a new award in honor of EUF Honorary Vice President, Jack Lavanchy. The award will be presented to the beginning of each year to an individual who has the EUF feel has made a significant and sustained contribution towards the responsible development of the European diving community. 
- 2017 – Deric Ellerby. 
- 2018 – Martin Parker. 
- EUF (disambiguation)
- Jump up^ „News“ . EUF . Retrieved 18 December 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b „The Aims of the European Underwater Federation“ . EUF . Retrieved 27 January 2013 .
- Jump up^ „The Areas of Competence for EUF“ . EUF . Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Jump up^ http://www.euf.eu/Retrieved on 2008-09-02
- Jump up^ „CMAS Europe Articles of Association, June 25, 2005“ (PDF) . Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2013 . Retrieved 5 November2012 .
- Jump up^ „Imprint: RSTC – Europe Information:“ . RSTC-Europe . Retrieved 4 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ „Rules and By-laws“ (PDF) . European Underwater Federation . Retrieved 20 October 2012 .
- Jump up^ „Profit Distributing Members“ . European Underwater Federation . Retrieved 20 October 2012 .
- Jump up^ „Non-profit distributing members“ . European Underwater Federation . Retrieved 20 October 2012 .
- Jump up^ „Special Members“ . European Underwater Federation . Retrieved 20 October 2012 .
- Jump up^ „Associates / observers“ . European Underwater Federation . Retrieved 20 October 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b „Associate / Observers“ . European Underwater Federation . Retrieved 16 December 2012 .
- Jump up^ „Aida accepted as associate member of EUF“ . International Association for the Development of Apnea . Retrieved 16 December 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b http://www.euf-certification.org/ Retrieved 2008-09-02 it
- Jump up^ „Standards“ . European Underwater Federation . Retrieved 21 October2012 .
- Jump up^ „EUF Certified Training Systems / Training Organizations“ . EUF International Certification. January 2, 2018 . Retrieved 25 January 2018 .
- Jump up^ Lunn, Rosemary E (1 July 2016). „EUF Lavanchy Award Announced“ . X-Ray Mag . AquaScope Media . Retrieved 22 January 2018 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lunn, Rosemary E (20 January 2018). „Martin Parker Receives EUF Lavanchy Award At Boot 2018“ . XRay Magazine . AquaScope Media . Retrieved 22 January 2018 .