CAHDI , formally the Committee of Legal Advisers on Public International Law ,  is a committee of the Council of Europe .
It is an intergovernmental committee bringing together the legal advisers of the 47 member states of the Council as well as those observing states and organizations.  
CAHDI meets twice a year. The last meeting was in Strasbourg on 21 to 22 September 2017.
The Committee has reviewed the issues of state succession and issues of recognition,  state immunity   and the International Criminal Court . 
The Committee for the first time on 8 and 9 April 1991. It is the successor to the Council of Europe’s Committee of Experts on International Law. 
- Develop the role of public international law
- Share experience and practice through exchanges of views on topical issues 
- Creating a framework for international co-operation, and the strengthening of the role and influence of the development of public international law by bringing legal advisers together to pool their experience 
- Member states to adopt common standpoints.
There are multiple texts which are relevant to the work of CAHDI, including European treaties , for instance the European Convention for the Peaceful Settlement of Disputes,  the European Convention on Consular Functions, the Protocol concerning the Protection of Refugees,  The European Convention on the Protection of Human Rights in respect of Civil Aircraft,  the European Convention on the Abolition of Legalization of Documents executed by Diplomatic Agents or Consular Officers,  the European Convention on State Immunity  and its Additional Protocol  and Resolutions and Recommendations of theAs regards Resolution (64) 10 concerning the publication of digests of State practice in the field of public international law  or Resolution (68) 17 concerning a model plan for the classification of documents concerning State practice in the field of public international law. 
- Jump up^ CAHDI website Archived6 March 2008 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Bell, Imogen (2002). Central and South-Eastern Europe 2003 . Routledge. p. 720. ISBN 1-85743-136-7 .
- Jump up^ Rosenstiel, Francis; Lejard-Boutsavath, Edith; Martz, Jean-Jacques (2002). European Yearbook 2000 . Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. p. 76. ISBN 90-411-1844-6 .
- Jump up^ State Practice Regarding State Succession and Issues of Recognition, 1999,ISBN 90-411-1203-0
- Archived19 January 2008 at theWayback MachineJump up ^State Immunities Database with related country profiles .
- Jump up^ State Practice Regarding State Immunities, Gerhard Hafner, Marcelo G. Kohen and Susan Breau, 2006,ISBN 90-04-15073-0
- Jump up^ International Courts and Tribunals
- Jump up^ Yearbook of the European Convention on Human Rights 1991 . Council of Europe. 1994 . Retrieved 2009-09-26 .
- Jump up^ For example: Implications of the European Convention on Human Rights for the Development of Public International Law, 2000,ISBN 92-871-4290-4and Treaty Making – Expression of Consent by States to be Bound by a Treaty, 2001,ISBN 90-411-1692-3
- Jump up^ Organization and functions of the Office of Legal Adviser in the Ministry for Foreign AffairsArchived19 January 2008 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ ETS 023. Conventions.coe.int. Retrieved on 3 January 2012.
- Jump up^ ETS 061. Conventions.coe.int. Retrieved on 3 January 2012.
- Jump up^ ETS 061A. Conventions.coe.int (4 October 2006). Retrieved on 3 January 2012.
- Jump up^ ETS 061B. Conventions.coe.int (4 October 2006). Retrieved on 3 January 2012.
- Jump up^ ETS 063. Conventions.coe.int. Retrieved on 3 January 2012.
- Jump up^ ETS 074. Conventions.coe.int. Retrieved on 3 January 2012.
- Jump up^ ETS 074A. Conventions.coe.int. Retrieved on 3 January 2012.
- Jump up^ Resolution (64) 10 Archived19 June 2005 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Resolution (68) 17 Archived19 June 2005 at theWayback Machine.