Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is an International Non-Governmental Non-profit Youth Organization established in 1986 and member of the European Youth Forum in Brussels . YEU is recognized by the Council of Europe and the Directorate of Youth and Sports of the European Commission . YEU has its head office in Brussels, Belgium and has a second office in Faro, Portugal from where it has a member organization from Europe and North Africa . YEU is a non-profit International Youth Non Governmental Organization (IYNGO) independent of all political affiliation.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding was founded on 28 August 1986 in Strasbourg by a group of 120 young people from 11 different countries, a result of 4-year cooperation which started in Germany in 1981 with the first international meeting – Convention 1983) with participants from eight nations. Since 1989 it has been a member of the European Coordination Bureau . Today YEU is a member of the European Youth Forum and the Lifelong Learning Platform and is considered by the Council of Europe and the European Union as an international non-governmental non-profit youth organization.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding works to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights. 
YEU is an inclusive network of youth organizations, promoting the importance of active citizenship through the use of non-formal education as a tool for providing knowledge, skills and intercultural experience for personal and social development.
YEU is running for youth with a democratic structure headed by a board of directors. It has two offices, the headquarter and administrative office in Brussels and a second office in Faro, Portugal . There are three main bodies within YEU, the administrative office (AO), the governing board (GB) and the assembly of member organizations (GA).
- The Administrative Office takes care of logistics , project management and coordination and network strategic planning;
- The Governing Board is composed of seven people and is responsible for the general and planning and strategy of YEU;
- The General Assembly is a member of the United States and is in the process of being elected.
Member organizations are youth-led NGOs registered in their own countries.
YEU is actively involved in the Erasmus + framework and works closely with the European Youth Foundation to design and develop projects and events targeted at youth.
- International projects : activities related to the work of YEU held in cooperation with other NGOs and / or partners, ranging from small events to extended co-operation in Horizon 2020 projects;
- International Youth Convention : a two-to-three-week convention held annually when people live with their families, enjoy communal life in a campsite, and spend one week in a city and meet their peers, usually newcomers in the youth work field;
- Youth Exchanges : a meeting of young people involving a maximum of 40 participants and lasting for one-week to share ideas and discussion on a specific theme such as environmental protection , equality and democracy , active citizenship , social inclusion , youth entrepreneurship , human rights education , etc .;
- Trainings : the long one-week full immersion training activities at avocation Improving Competencies of youth workers in member organizations;
- Work camps : field work organized by a member organization to perform a specific activity on a very local level to foster volunteering and youth work ;
- Internships : periods of apprenticeship at one of the two offices open for people willing to explore the inner workings of INGYO .
|Agency for Development and Cooperation Cerebra||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Full Member|
|Armenia Progressive Youth||armenia||Full Member|
|ArtWake Moldova||moldova||Full Member|
|Associação Movimento Juvenil em Olhão||Portugal||Full Member|
|„Bridge to the Future“ Youth Public Union||azerbaijan||Full Member|
|Center for Intercultural Dialogue||Macedonia||Full Member|
|Center for Social Innovations „Centrifuge“||serbia||Full Member|
|CIM Horyzonty||poland||Full Member|
|Community Volunteers Foundation||turkey||Full Member|
|Development NO Borders||egypt||Full Member|
|Connecting Cultures Morocco Forum||Morocco||Full Member|
|Foundation of Regional Initiatives||Ukraine||Full Member|
|Impronta Giovani||italy||Full Member|
|Institute for Ukrainian studies||Ukraine||Full Member|
|Jaunimo mainai ir bendradarbiavimas||lithuania||Full Member|
|Jongeren voor Uitwisseling en Begrip||Netherlands||Full Member|
|No excuse||slovenia||Full Member|
|Resource Centee Leskovac||serbia||Full Member|
|YEU Estonia||estonia||Full Member|
|Youth Exchange and Understanding Malta||malta||Full Member|
|Youth Exchange and Understanding Tunisia||tunisia||Full Member|
|Youth Exchange and Understanding Cyprus||cyprus||Full Member|
|ZID Montenegro||Montenegro||Full Member|
|United Societies of Balkans – USB||greece||Full Member|
|La Fenice APS||italy||Full Member|
- Jump up^ „YEU website About Us section“ . YEU International.