The South-Eastern European Digitization Initiative ( SEEDI ) is an effort to develop awareness of the digitization of cultural and scientific heritage in the South-Eastern European countries along with the Lund Principles of the European Union . It will [ when? ] Contributing to gathering and spreading specific and interdisciplinary knowledge from various institutions from the region and the European Union where leading experts in the field work.
The SEEDI arose from the cooperation between researchers from Belgrade ( Serbia ) and Sofia ( Bulgaria ) which was formally expressed in the Borovets declaration (2003) where it was argued that:
… [the researchers and the heritage institutions from the region]. The knowledge and experience of single institutions from our countries should not stay isolated. It is of great importance to increase the level of communication and expertise in the field of technical and practical expertise in the region.- Borovets declaration 
Cultural and scientific heritage in the South-Eastern Europe still can not be accessed in electronic form. The idea of the SEEDI is to overcome the problem by bringing together researches from regional and European centers. The aim is to create core groups of specialists, which would be able to consult, assist, monitor and develop innovative technologies and digitization projects collaborating with the local cultural and scientific heritage institutions.
The SEEDI would be implemented through several measures:
- Conferences and workshops,
- The Journal Review of the National Center for Digitization ,
- The mailing list
To facilitate communication, dissemination and sharing each other’s ideas, concerns, views and experiences in the field of digitalization of cultural and scientific heritage.
The SEEDI is an open forum. The owners of ideas are invited to the SEEDI-communication tools and to find potential collaborators.
- Jump up^  Borovets declaration (2003)
- Zoran Ognjanovic, Milena Dobreva, Nikola Ikonomov, Tamara Butigan-Vucaj, South-Eastern European Digitization Initiative , Heritage and Beyond, Council of Europe (2009), 179-182.
- South-Eastern European Network for Digitization of Scientific and Cultural Heritage, Borovets declaration < http://elib.mi.sanu.ac.rs/files/journals/ncd/4/d015download.pdf > (05.05.2011)
- SEEDI < http://seedi.ncd.org.rs/ > (05.05.2011)