MedBridge is a European organization whose goal is to promote dialogue and mutual understanding between Europe and the Middle East .  Its aim is to make Europeans willing to be informed about the Middle East or to support Israeli-Arab peace efforts, to access the most direct, comprehensive and objective information possible on the political situation in the region.
MedBridge Was created in 2003. It has-been registered as a French non-profit organization since 2004.  The organization Was created by European leaders from different political backgrounds, Such As Willy De Clercq , Marco Pannella , Ana Palacio , Francois Leotard and François Zimeray .  
According to Israeli diplomat Yigal Palmor , the organization gathered in October 2003 the largest European parliamentary delegation that has ever visited the Middle East.  160 parliamentarians from 28 countries took part in the visit.  In January 2008, the delegation accompanied another large delegation of 60 parliamentarians from 21 European countries.  King Abdullah was consulted by a delegation of Medbridge during this visit, and actively lobbied for the creation of a state of Palestine.  
In February 2007, after French president Jacques Chirac told the press that if Iran held a few nuclear weapons, it would not be a big deal, a delegation of French politicians was sent by Mebridge to Israel and Palestine to get a hands-on approach of the problem instead of viewing the conflict through the lens of the French press.  In June 2007, MedBridge organized a visit to French writers to the Middle East in cooperation with Le Monde Magazine. 
Since its creation in 2003, the organization has initiated a dozen of international events. These include conferences, exhibitions, international meetings and visits of European parliamentarians and civil society representatives to the Middle East. 
Visits to the Middle East
Medbridge has organized visits to the Middle East for public leaders and decision-makers. About 500 parliamentarians, from 30 European countries, took part in these visits.  
In addition to political visits, MedBridge has also initiated several visits for civil society representatives and opinion leaders.
Medbridge has organized several conferences. In the past important leaders such as Ehud Barak , Edith Cresson , Claude Goasguen , Antoine Sfeir , or Alexander Adler took part in these.  
MedBridge has also organized exhibitions, among others at the French Senate .  
In 2005, MedBridge, in cooperation with the organization Men of Words, organized the first World Congress of Imams and Rabbis for Peace , gathering 100 imams and rabbis from all over the world under the patronage of Albert II of Belgium and Mohammed VI of Morocco . 
Among the people who received the delegations of MedBridge are:   
Among the people who took part in the delegations are:     [ dead link ] 
- ^ Jump up to: a b „Who are we?“ [Who are we?] (In French). MedBridge. 2011. Archived from the original on 12 August 2017.
- Jump up^ Official Journal of the French Republic (announcement 1064), April 10, 2004
- ^ Jump up to: a b c d e f g „Title unknown (dead link)“ . MedBridge. Archived from the original on September 5, 2010.
- ^ Jump up to: a b c Primor, Adar; Haaretz Correspondent (October 24, 2003). „European lawmakers to visit the region to promote understanding“ . Haaretz .
- Jump up^ „A chance for peace“ . MedBridge. July 22, 2003.
- Jump up^ Cojean, Annick (21 February 2008). “ Express visit to the Middle East“. The world .
- Jump up^ „King Meets A Delegation From“ Med Bridge „Center“ . Kingabdullah.jo . October 26, 2003 . Retrieved 14 August 2017 .
- Jump up^ „King Meets a Delegation from“ Med Bridge „Center“ . Kuna.net.kw . October 26, 2003 . Retrieved 14 August 2017 .
- Jump up^ Uriel Heilman (11 February 2007). „French politicians see region’s nuances“ . Jta.org . Retrieved 14 August 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to: a b „Journey of French Writers in Israel and the Palestinian Territories – June 18-22, 2007“ [French Delegation of Writers to the Middle East – June 18 to 22, 2007]. MedBridge. 29 June 2007.
- ^ Jump up to: a b c „Initiatives: All articles in Initiatives“ [All items in Initiatives]. MedBridge. Archived from the original on 12 August 2017 . Retrieved 28 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ MedBridge (May 6, 2009). Conference medbridge . Dailymotion.
- ^ Jump up to: a Mesguishe b , Hanna (February 7, 2008). „Medbridge: MEPs visit the region“ [MedBridge: MEPs visit the region]. Guysen News International . [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ „Newsletter n ° 124 of 21 April 2005 – Summary“ [Newsletter No. 124 of 21 April 2005 – Summary]. Embassy of Israel in France. April 21, 2005