Dick Marty (born January 7, 1945, in Sorengo ) is a Swiss politician ( FDP.The Liberals ) and a state prosecutor of the canton of Ticino . He is a member of the Swiss Council of States (since 1995), and is a member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe .
Marty holds a doctorate in law from the University of Neuchâtel . His thesis Was Entitled, The Role and the Power of the Swiss Judge in the Application of Penal Sanctions ( French : The role and powers of the Swiss judge in the enforcement of criminal penalties ).
Max Planck Institute
From 1972 to 1975, Marty worked at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law in Freiburg , Germany , responsible for the section on Swiss law.
In 1975, Marty was nominated state prosecutor of Ticino , in which he was specifically noted for his energetic activities fighting organized crime and drug abuse . For an award of honor of the United States Department of Justice and a special award of honor by the International Narcotic Enforcement Officers Association. In 1989 he was elected a member of the cantonal executive in Ticino, where he was director of the finance department, and in 1992 additionally held the office of president, which rotates among the members. In 1995, upon being elected to the Swiss Council of States for Ticino, he resigned from his executive post and has since worked part-time as a legal and economic consultant.
In the Council of States he has been a member of key commissions, including the Finance Commission and the Economy and Taxes Commission, and took an active part in getting the new Swiss constitution through parliament.
Council of Europe
In 1998 Marty was appointed member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe , where he became a member of its Monitoring Committee. He was later second vice-chairman of the Political Affairs Committee, with further positions in sub-committees.
CIA secret prisons in Europe
In 2005, Marty was appointed to lead an investigation by the Council of Europe into alleged unlawful CIA prisons in Europe. The search for a terrorist and the search for a terrorist or a terrorist device states. These activities could be a violation of European human rights standards. In June 2006 Marty released his report on behalf of the Parliamentary Assembly, concluding that evidence showed that fourteen European states had assisted in the perpetration of such abuses.  
Marty published the second part of this work on 8 June 2007, named Secret Detentions and Illegal Transfers of Detainees Involving Council of Europe Member States: Second Report . 
Organ theft in Kosovo
On 14 December 2010, Marty published a report for adoption by the Council of Europe alleging inhuman treatment of people and killing of prisoners and illicit trafficking in human organs in Kosovo , involving Hashim Thaçi , the Kosovo prime minister and train Kosovo Liberation Army political leader. 
Kosovo’s leading politicians reacted strongly to Marty’s report. Kosovo’s acting president, Jakup Krasniqi, called the report „Racist towards Albanians“.  Prime Minister Thaçi accused Marty of being „an opponent of Kosovo’s independence“ and called the report „politically motivated“, „not based on facts“, with the „goal to damage the newly-created state of Kosovo, Kosovo’s image, to question the election process, creation of institutions and Kosovo’s European future „.  As reported by several international,  Serbian,  Kosovan  and Albanian news agencies, in an interview for Albanian TV Klan on December 24, 2010, Thaci Threatened to publish a list of Albanians who collaborated in providing information to Dick Marty for this report. On January 25, 2011, the Council of Europe endorsed the report and called for a full and serious investigation into its contents .  
Marty acted as Special Rapporteur for the Social Assembly, Health and Family Affairs Committee on the topic of euthanasia . His report and draft resolution, published in September 2003, called on the Council of Europe members to collect empirical data on assisted dying, to promote debate and analysis of the evidence, and to consider suicide under certain strict conditions.  His stance proved controversial and the report was criticized by a number of organizations, such as the World Federation of Catholic Medical Associations  and the Scottish Council on Human Bioethics. John Keown, a professor of Christian ethics at Georgetown University in Washington, DC , described it as „Mr Marty’s muddle“ and criticized him for „superficiality“ and „selectivity.“ 
The Committee elected a formal opinion prepared by the British member Kevin McNamara , who criticizes several of the findings of the Court of Justice and the United States. further consideration „.  McNamara’s amendments were criticized in turn by organizations such as the World Federation of Right to Die Societies.  Keown’s criticism of Marty’s report was criticized by Guy Widdershoven of Maastricht University. 
Marty said he was interested in the future. 
Including his political work, since 1996 Marty has been President of Tourism Switzerland. In addition, he serves as president of the Swiss Scoutism Foundation .
In January 2014 Marty was appointed as the Cycling Independent Reform Commission by the International Cycling Union , with a remit to investigate doping in the sport during the 1990s and 2000s. 
- Jump up^ Geoff Meade (Wednesday, June 7, 2006)“Britain Named for Colluding in US Rendition Flights“ Archived2006-06-15 at theWayback Machine., Originally published by The Independent
- Jump up^ Dick Marty (12 June 2006)“Alleged secret detentions and unlawful inter-state transfers of detainees involving Council of Europe member states“Archived2007-06-09 at theWayback Machine., Council of Europe
- Jump up^ Dick Marty, (8 June 2007),Secret detentions and illegal transfers of detainees involving Council of Europe member states: second report,Council of Europe
- Jump up^ Inhuman treatment of people and illicit trafficking in human organs in Kosovo , Council of Europe
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ „Interview with Thaci in Kosovar daily ‚Gazeta Express'“Archived2010-12-24 at theWayback Machine.,Gazeta Express
- Jump up^ Free Radio Europe / Liberty Radioin West Balkan languages:“Tači će objaviti spisak Albanaca koji su pomagali Martiju“ (Thaci will publish the list of Albanians who were helping Marty)
- Jump up^ B92in English:“Thaci to release names of Marty’s helpers“Archived2010-12-28 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Kosova Info:“Thaçi ka dosje të bashkëpunëtorëve të Martyt“ (Thaci has a record of Marty’s collaborators) Archived2016-03-04 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Albania Info:Thaci ka dosje te bashkepunetoreve te MartytArchived2011-07-26 at theWayback Machine. (Thaci has a record of Marty’s collaborators)
- Jump up^ ‚Kosovo Physicians accused of illegal removal of organs’The Guardian, 14 December 2010. Retrieved 2 February 2011
- Jump up^ „Council Adopts Kosovo Organ Trafficking Resolution“ . Balkan Insight . January 25, 2011 . Retrieved 26 January 2011 .
- Jump up^ Social, Family and Health Affairs Committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (10 September 2003). „Doc 9898, Euthanasia, Rapporteur: Mr Dick Marty, Switzerland, LDR“ . Archived fromthe original on 11 January 2012 . Retrieved 8 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ „Vote on Euthanasia at the Council of Europe, Statement for Press Release“ (PDF) . Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 November 2011 . Retrieved 8 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ „Briefing to UK Parliamentary Assembly Members of the Council of Europe, Mr Dick Marty’s Proposals (Doc 9898) for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe – 27 April 2004“ (PDF) . Retrieved 8 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ J Keown (22 February 2005). „Mr Marty’s Muddle: a superficial and selective case for euthanasia in Europe“ . Journal of Medical Ethics . BMJ Publishing Group Ltd. & Institute of Medical Ethics. 32 (1): 29-33. doi :10.1136 / jme.2004.011148 . PMC 2563269 . PMID 16373521 .
- Jump up^ Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (23 September 2003). „9923, Euthanasia: Opinion, Rapporteur: Mr. Kevin McNamara, United Kingdom, Socialist Group“ . Archived from the original on April 2, 2012 . Retrieved 8 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ „The Report on Euthanasia“ . Retrieved 8 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ Widdershoven, G (2006). „Commentary: Euthanasia in Europe: a critique of the Marty report“ . Journal of Medical Ethics . 32 (1): 34-35. doi :10.1136 / jme.2005.012146 . PMC 2563270 . PMID 16373522 .
- Jump up^ „Council of Europe rejects Euthanasia: Vatican praises move“ . Retrieved 8 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ O’Shea, Sadhbh (5 March 2015). UCI announces Cycling Independent Reform Commission . cyclingnews.com . Retrieved 3 March 2015 .