According to Transparency International Global Corruption Barometer 2013, Corruption is a broad concern in the public sector, which is more than half of the survey of Parliamentarians , police , public officials, and particularly the judiciary and political parties. 
Transparency International’s 2016 Corruption Perception Index ranks the country 90th place out of 176 countries. 
The business environment in Macedonia is negatively affected by corruption. Several sources indicate that bribery is considered an obstacle to doing business, and businessmen have reported that bribery is demanded during public procurement and contracting.   
The European Commission Progress Report 2013 indicates some positive developments regarding Macedonia’s law enforcement and corruption prevention activities. 
- 2016 Macedonian protests
- Jump up^ „Global Corruption Barometer 2013“ . Transparency International . Retrieved 3 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ „Corruption Perception Index 2016“ .
- Jump up^ „Global Competitiveness Report 2013-2014“ . World Economic Forum . Retrieved 3 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ „2013 Investment Climate Statement – Macedonia“ . US Department of State . Retrieved 3 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ „Snapshot of the Macedonia Country Profile“ . Business Anti-Corruption Portal . Retrieved 3 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ „The Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 2013 Progress Report“ (PDF) . The European Commission . Retrieved 3 December 2013 .