Corruption in Iceland describes the prevention and occurrence of corruption in Iceland .
According to several sources, corruption is not common on a daily basis in Iceland .   However, the overall financial crisis and subsequent revelations have had a negative impact on the integrity and independence of Iceland’s governing institutions. 
Transparency International’s 2016 Corruption Perception Index ranks the country 14th place out of 176 countries. 
According to GRECO ’s evaluation report 2013, the Icelandic political system was weakened by potential nepotism , close personal relationships between public officials and political patronage at the local level.  In general, businesses do not consider corruption in doing business in Iceland, according to the World Economic Forum Global Competitiveness Report2013-2014. 
- Jump up^ „Freedom in the World 2013“ . Freedom House . Retrieved 4 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ „Human Rights Report 2013- Iceland“ . US Department of State . Retrieved 4 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ „Snapshot of the Iceland Country Profile“ . Business Anti-Corruption Portal . Retrieved 4 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ „Corruption Perception Index 2016“ .
- Jump up^ „Evaluation report 2013- Iceland“ (PDF) . GRECO & the European Commission . Retrieved 4 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ „Global Competitiveness Report 2013-2014“ . World Economic Forum . Retrieved 4 December 2013 .