Corruption in France describes the prevention and occurrence of corruption in France .
France has ratified several important international anti-corruption conventions such as the Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions and the United Nations Convention against Corruption. In general, investors do not consider corruption a problem for doing business in France, and companies operating in France have a good reputation for corporate social responsibility. 
The French National Assembly has two bills for combating tax evasion. However, there are several scandals involving high-ranking public officials. Public works and the defense industry are considered the most affected by corruption. 
Transparency International’s 2016 Corruption Perception Index ranks the country 23rd place out of 176 countries. 
Extent and perceptions
In 2011, Transparency International concluded in its annual report for 2011 that France does not do enough to stop corruption.  A TNS Sofres poll in October 2011 reported that 72% of the French public had the perception that politicians are corrupt. 
In France in 2009 all major foreign investors and exporters and more than 80 percent of surveyed executives admitted to ’not being familiar with all of the most important legal frameworks in global business. A cartel constituted by punishable crime by imprisonment and / or fines. Staff and budgets for public enforcement of securities regulation in France compared to UK in 2008. 
Political corruption studies include the presidential campaign 2007 finance investigation in the value of 150,000 € from Liliane Bettencourt to Nicolas Sarkozy . Maximum individual support is 4,600 €. Jacques Chirac was accused of using public funds in Paris in the 1990s.  On December 15, 2011, Chirac was found guilty and given a sentence of two years.  He was convicted of diverting public funds, abuse of trust and illegal conflict of interest. The suspended sentence means a prisoner of health, and a status of a head of state. He did not wait for his trial, since the medical records of his memory. 
Bribery investigations from South Africa to France are ongoing, including bribery claims of Jacques Chirac , Dominique de Villepin and Jean-Marie Le Pen bribery claim from Gabon ex-president Omar Bongo . In September 2011 was judged Bernard Granie of 300,000 bribery from Provence Recycling. 
Alstom has been under investigation in France and Switzerland for allegedly making improper payments of US $ 200 million for contracts for Brazil’s It hydroelectric plant, for São Paulo’s subway expansion and for other major works in Venezuela, Singapore and Indonesia. The Mexican government has been penalized Alstom and in 2007 the European Commission’s antitrust authority fined Alstom € 65 million for price fixing with competitors. 
- Scandals corruption in the Paris region
- List of French political scandals
- Police corruption in France
- Crime in France
- Jump up^ „Snapshot of the France Country Profile“ . Business Anti-Corruption Portal . GAN Integrity Solutions . Retrieved 17 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ „2013 Investment Climate Statement – France“ . The US Department of State . The US Department of State . Retrieved 17 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ „Corruption Perception Index 2016“ .
- Jump up^ „Corruption watchdog says France could do better“, Radio France Internationale, September 6, 2012.
- Jump up^ „Bad smells“, The Economist, October 1, 2011.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Global Corruption Report 2009 , Corruption and the Private Sector, Transparency International August 2009
- ^ Jump up to:a b Korruptio mädättää Ranskaa HS B4 7.11.2011 (in Finnish)
- ^ Jump up to:a b „Former French President Jacques Chirac guilty of corruption“ . BBC . December 15, 2011 . Retrieved 15 December 2011 .
- Jump up^ „Jacques Chirac found guilty of corruption“,Guardian, December 15, 2011.