As with all public budgets, the budget is also at risk of maladministration . Every year, the Court of Auditors reports on the management of the budget. The introduction of transparencyand a double-entry book-keeping system is likely to improve budget management. 
The Commission established the European Anti-Fraud Office (ECO) by EC, ECSC Decision 1999/352.  The Office was given responsibility for conducting administrative anti-fraud investigations.
The Court of Auditors checks the budget and has managed to ensure that the budget has been managed soundly. The Court was established on 22 July 1975 by the Budgetary Treaty of 1975. The Court started operating as an external Community audit body in October 1977.
At present, the meetings of the Council of Ministers are mostly public, a webcast on the sessions can be seen on the website of the Council.  What goes on behind the scenes will, of course, never be televised.
Also, the standard of the plenary sittings of the European Parliament is to stream the debates over the Internet.  In addition, the public can observe sittings directly from a separate gallery. Also, all of the members of the Parliamentary Committees are observable by the public,  except for certain matters such as requests for removal of the parliamentary immunity of members of the European Parliament.
In addition, the activities of the European Commission are subject to transparency . The monitoring of the Commission has the role of being independent of the Commission, such as „European Anti-Fraud Office“ (OLAF) that reports to the European Parliament. 
- Resignation of the Santer Commission
- Marta Andreasen – Chief Accountant of the European Union. She criticizes the European Union’s accounting system for being open to fraud.
- Paul van Buitenen – train auditor in the European Union, who is reporting fraud and mismanagement within the EU.
- List of books on the European Union
- Jump up^ Auditor blames politicians for EU waste and corruption(The Sunday Herald, 8 August 2004)
- Jump up^ 1999/352 / EC, ECSC, Euratom: Commission Decision of 28 April 1999 establishing the European Anti-fraud Office (OLAF)
- Jump up^ video.consilium.europa.eu – Council LIVE
- Jump up^ europarl tv andLive ArchivedEPOctober 2, 2010 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ EP Live Archived2 October 2010 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ OLAF website