The “Weimar Triangle” is, loosely, a grouping of Poland , Germany , and France . The group is intended to promote co-operation between the three countries in crisis zones.  It exists mostly in the form of summit meetings entre les leaders of These three countries, The Most recent of qui occurred is 7 February 2011.  Previous meetings eu lieu in Poznan , Poland (1998), Nancy , France ( 1999), Hambach , Germany (2001) and Nancy, France (2005). The Weimar Triangle also involves lower-level connections, such as the annual meeting between Foreign Ministers.
Reviews The most recent leaders’ summit hosted by President Was Bronisław Komorowski of Poland and Attended by President Nicolas Sarkozy (France) and Chancellor Angela Merkel (Germany). Weimar Triangle meetings, the Egyptian situation and improving relations with Russia were discussed. Both Germany and France urged Poland to join the pact for competitiveness. [ quote needed ]
The Weimar Triangle was established in the German city of Weimar in 1991, aimed at assisting Poland’s emergence from Communist rule. Attending the meeting Were the Foreign Ministers of Each state: Roland Dumas of France, Hans-Dietrich Genscher of Germany, and Krzysztof Skubiszewski of Poland. [ citation needed ] Genscher Weimar thing for the inaugural meeting because it was situated in East Germany. 
At the 1992 meeting of the Weimar Triangle in France, Poland won agreement from Germany and France that it should have special association status at the Western European Union , the European arm of NATO . 
On 5 July 2011, Poland, France, and Germany signed an agreement in Brussels to put together a unit of 1,700 soldiers, called the Weimar Battlegroup , which will be ready to deploy in crisis zones starting in 2013. The EU business newsletter reports that Poland will provide assistance to the group, providing assistance to combatants, and will provide medical support. The operational command center will be based in Mont Valerien, located in Paris suburb. 
Shortly after the referendum on the status of Crimea held on March 16, 2014, the chairpersons of the Weimar Triangle parliaments ‘committees on foreign affairs – Elisabeth Guigou of France , Norbert Röttgen of Germany and Grzegorz Schetyna of Poland – visited Kyiv to express their countries’ firm support of the territorial integrity and the European integration of Ukraine .  This was the first time that parliamentarians of the Weimar Triangle had ever made a trip to a third country. 
In April 2016, Poland’s foreign minister Witold Waszczykowski told the newspaper newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza that the Weimar Triangle had lost its relevance for his country. 
On August 28, 2016, representatives of the three countries vowed to “reinvigorate” the Weimar Triangle. German foreign minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said the group would meet the end of 2016, and French foreign minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said France would host a summit in November 2016. The stated reason for this reinvigoration was the decision of the United Kingdom to leave the European Union , as the European migrant crisis . 
Summits of foreign ministers
- 28-29 August 1991 in Weimar , Germany 
- April 23-24, 1992 in Bergerac , France
- 11-12 November 1993 in Warsaw , Poland
- 14-15 September 1994 in Bamberg , Germany
- 26 October 1995 in Paris , France
- 19 December 1996 in Warsaw , Poland
- 19 November 1997 in Frankfurt / Oder , Germany
- 6 January 1999 in Paris , France
- 30 August 1999 in Weimar , Germany
- 7 June 2000 in Kraków , Poland
- 16 January 2002 in Paris , France
- May 15, 2004 in Berlin , Germany
- 27 June 2005 in Nancy , France
- 2005 in Warsaw , Poland
- June 2008 in Paris , France
- June 2009 in Weimar , Germany
- April 26-27, 2010 in Bonn , Germany
- 20 May 2011 in Bydgoszcz , Poland
- 29 February 2012 in Berlin , Germany
- 23 June 2012 in Warsaw , Poland
- 31 March-1 April 2014 in Berlin and Weimar , Germany 
- 3 April 2015 in Wroclaw , Poland 
- 28-29 August 2016 in Weimar and Berlin , Germany 
Summits of heads of state
- September 21, 1993 in Gdańsk , Poland
- 21 February 1998 in Poznań , Poland
- May 7, 1999 in Nancy , France
- 27 February 2001 in Hambach , Germany.
- 9 May 2003 in Wroclaw , Poland. Held a few days before the referendum on the entry of Poland in the European Union.
- May 19, 2005 in Nancy, France
- 5 December 2006 in Mettlach , Germany
- 7 February 2011 in Warsaw , Poland
Summit on July 3, 2006 in Weimar, Germany Lech Kaczyński, President of the Polish President .
Summits of Defense Ministers
- July 25, 2006 in Wieliczka , Poland
- 18 December 2007 in Berlin , Germany
In March 2015, Germany’s Minister of Defense Ursula von der Leyen hosted her counterparts Jean-Yves Le Drian of France and Tomasz Siemoniak of Poland to revive a meeting format intended to promote co-operation between the three countries in crisis zones; It was the first meeting between the Weimar Triangle Defense Ministers since 2007. 
Summits of Ministers of European Affairs
- September 30, 2015 in Paris , France
Joint meetings of the Committees on European Affairs
- 14 November 2014 in Berlin , Germany
- 2013 in Gdańsk , Poland
- 2012 in Paris , France
- Visegrád Group
- ^ Jump up to: a b AFP, Germany, France and Poland form EU battlegroup EUbusiness. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Jump up^ “Leaders in Warsaw can not cover EU budget rift”Thenews.pl, News from Poland. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- ^ Jump up to: a b Sarah Helm (May 23, 1996), ‘Weimar Triangle’ takes shape for power The Independent .
- Jump up^ Weimar Triangle of Countries Supporting the Territorial Integrity and European Integration of Ukraine Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, press release of April 11, 2014.
- Jump up^ Parlamentarier of the Weimarer Dreiecks: Röttgen, Guigou and Schetyna in Kiew Bundestag, press release of April 8, 2014.
- Jump up^ Matthias Szczerbaniewicz (April 6, 2016),”Weimarer Dreieck” beendet: Polens Abkehr vom alten Europa ZDF .
- Jump up^ Shalal, Andrea (28 August 2016). “Germany, Poland and France revives Weimar group to bolster EU confidence” . Reuters . Weimar, Germany . Retrieved 28 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “France-Diplomacy – Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development” . diplomatie.gouv.fr . Retrieved 5 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ Timothy Jones (May 23, 1996),Germany, France, Poland call for new EU approach to eastern neighbors Deutsche Welle .
- Jump up^ Joint Communique of the Weimar Triangle Foreign Ministers Frank-Walter Steinmeier (Germany), Laurent Fabius (France), and Grzegorz Schetyna (Poland) in Wroclaw, April 3, 2015 Federal Foreign Office of Germany, press release of April 3 2015.
- Jump up^ Weimar Triangle – Meeting between Jean-Marc Ayrault and his German and Polish counterparts (Weimar and Berlin, August 28-29, 2016) Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, press release of August 26, 2016.
- Jump up^ MoD Siemoniak: EU needs new security strategy Polskie Radio , March 31, 2015.